Yoga Study Group
Saturday, 21 October until Saturday, 17 March 2018
At the heart of the Yoga Study Group is the establishment of a regular self practice. Yoga is not concerned with the acquisition of information, but rather developing direct and clear perception. It is through the cultivation of a regular practice that we are able to work towards this.
These sessions will include:
- Led and self practice sessions
- Yoga philosophy, particularly with regards to Iyengar yoga
- Audio & visual Iyengar yoga presentations
- In-depth study of groups of asanas, or individual asanas
- Introduction to the whys and hows of pranayama
- Anatomy & physiology from an Iyengar yoga perspective
- Discussions around pre-assigned readings, and the joy and challenges of maintaining an on-going yoga practice.
These sessions are designed to inspire and provide a sense of community and support for on-going practice.
They are open to any student who has been attending classes regularly at the school for a minimum of six months.
This course is not structured to have a clear start and end date, however will run in 6 month blocks – October to March, and April to September – and a minimum of six months needs to be committed to in the form of a $360 upfront payment to cover this period.
These classes will normally be held on the third Saturday* of the month from 12 – 4pm. The upcoming six month block dates are 21st October, 18th November, 2nd December, 27th January, 17th February, and 17th March.
* December & January are exceptions to the third Saturday policy, and occasionally Saturdays may change at short notice.
Participating in this group could be considered as accumulated hours towards the requirements necessary to be eligible to apply for Iyengar Yoga Teacher Certification, although specific teacher training is not the aim of this course.
Please send an email by clicking on the link below if you are interested in participating.
|When:||21/10/2017 until 17/03/2018|
|(21 Oct, 18 Nov, 2nd Dec, 27 Jan, 17 Feb, 17 Mar)|
|At:||12 - 4pm|