Yoga Study Group
Saturday, 21 April 2018 until Saturday, 15 September 2018
At the heart of the Yoga Study Group is the establishment of a regular self practice. Yoga is not concerned with the acquisition of information, but rather developing direct and clear perception. It is through the cultivation of a regular practice that we are able to work towards this.
Course content will include:
- Led and self practice sessions
- Yoga philosophy, particularly with regards to Iyengar yoga
- Audio & visual Iyengar yoga presentations
- In-depth study of groups of asanas, or individual asanas
- Introduction to the whys and hows of pranayama
- Anatomy & physiology from an Iyengar yoga perspective
- Discussions around pre-assigned readings, and the joy and challenges of maintaining an on-going yoga practice.
These sessions are designed to inspire and provide a sense of community and support for on-going practice.
They are open to any student who has been attending classes regularly at the school for a minimum of six months.
This course is not structured to have a set end date, however will run in 6 month terms each year – October to March, and April to September. An upfront payment of $360 in April or October will be required to cover a six month term.
We are currently registering interest in our April – September 2018 term which will be held on Saturdays from midday – 4pm and cover the following dates: 21st April, 19th May, 16th June, 21st July, 18th August, & 15th September.
Participating in this group could be considered as accumulated hours towards the requirements necessary to be eligible to apply for Iyengar Yoga Teacher Certification, although specific teacher training is not the aim of this course.
Please send an email by clicking on the link below if you are interested in participating.
|When:||21/04/2018 until 15/09/2018|
|(21 Apr, 19 May, 16 Jun, 21 Jul, 18 Aug, 15 Sep)|
|At:||12 - 4pm|